City Operations, Closures, & Cancellations


Beginning on June 1, additional city offices and facilities will begin to reopen to the public. Currently, the lobby doors at the Police Department are open and City Hall is open for a reduced range of services for residents to conduct in-person business. On June 1 all City buildings will reopen to the public with the exception of the Schertz Public Library, park playgrounds, and Schertz Area Senior Center. These facilities will remain closed until further notice. Programs with small groups and in outdoor spaces will resume operations in June. Larger special events will be modified and celebrated in a different way for now. 

Preserving public health and ensuring the safety of city employees and residents is the number one priority and will continue to be the center for all decisions regarding city services. We encourage residents to continue to take extra precautions when entering City buildings or attending programs and events for everyone’s safety. 

We encourage you to check regularly for updates as well as follow the City of Schertz on social media. 


Residents are strongly encouraged to conduct city business online, by email, or by phone. Please note that as we transition these non-essential operations customers may experience longer wait times. We appreciate your patience as we work through this unprecedented situation.

If you have any questions, call 311 during normal business hours or email  

Schertz Public LIbrary

The Schertz Public Library will be open for curbside pickup starting Monday, May 4. Pickup will be available Monday - Friday from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Items can be reserved for pickup at

Pickup Instructions
Please pull up to the entrance and have your library card ready. When you arrive call (210) 619-1700 and wait in your car. A staff member will process your order and bring your items out to the table. Once staff has returned to the building you can retrieve your items. All returns must go through the item drop.


There are several options for paying your utility bill other than visiting the Utility Billing counter at City Hall.

Pay Online (no convenience fee applied)

Pay by phone: (210) 619-1100 ($1.00 over the phone fee will be waived)

Pay by Mail:
City of Schertz Utility Billing Department
1400 Schertz Parkway
Schertz, TX 78154

Deposit Box: located on the side of City Hall

New Service Application:

Residents and businesses can request new water service and stop water service online. Please submit your completed application to If you have any other questions, please call Utility Billing at (210) 619-1100.

Trash and Recycling services will continue as scheduled unless otherwise determined by Republic Services. All service requests (ie. missed pick up, recycle bin, roll-off request, etc) should be handled by emailing or call (210) 619-1100. 


The Municipal Court is allowing defendants to dispose eligible cases by mail/email and fax. Contact the court at (210) 619-1500 to determine if your case is eligible.  

Payments can be made online, or by calling (210) 619-1500 during normal business hours 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. 

This notice remains in effect until the local designation of disaster has been removed or other notices are issued. View Texas Supreme Court Order.


For General Questions Call: (210) 619-1750
Permitting:  All building permit applications and contractor registrations can be submitted online and paid here.
Inspections:  All inspection requests are submitted online and re-inspection fee payments can be paid here.
Planning:  All applications can be emailed to and payments made by calling (210) 619-1780. 


Crash Reports:
The public can purchase Crash Reports from Texas Department of Public Safety at or from Lexis Nexis at Citizens may file a minor crash report online or by calling Dispatch at (210) 619-1274.

Other Police Reports:

Residents are encouraged to make police reports via email or phone. If it is an incident that is not in progress please email the information to or call (210) 619-1200 and an officer will call you back. As always, should you prefer to have an officer take the report we will have one respond.

Copies of reports other than accidents can be requested by emailing

Police Permits:
Police permit applications are available online and can be paid by phone by calling (210) 619-1200.

Any questions for detectives or other personnel should be addressed by telephone by calling (210) 619-1200.

Code Enforcement:
Code compliance complaints can be made online.


Incident Reports: The public can request copies of Incident Reports by calling Fire Admin at (210) 619-1300 or sending an email to 


Currently, we are limiting the amount of walk-in traffic in and out of the Animal Adoption Center. With these precautions in place, we anticipate fewer than normal adoptions and we are asking for assistance from individuals, volunteers, rescues, and organizations to help foster, rescue or adopt the great animals we have in our shelter. If you are interested in adopting an animal, please do not come directly to the shelter, but instead, go to the Petfinder website.

If you see a stray animal, please call us first. We ask that you not pick it up, take it to your home, or bring it to the shelter; we will dispatch an Animal Services Officers to come to get it. For more information go to the Animal Services main page or call (210) 619-1500.


If you have an emergency please call 911.

EMS bill payments can be paid online, or dropped off in the drop box at 1400 Schertz Parkway, building #7. If you have a question about your bill you can call (210) 619-1450. Deliveries can be dropped off at the Police Department Building #6.


Inquires for City facility rentals or if you have questions about your event, please contact the Parks & Recreation Department or the Schertz Civic Center.

Park Pavilion Rentals
Phone: (210) 619-1850

Civic and Community Center Rentals
Phone: (210) 619-1630


Anyone needing to communicate with the Schertz Engineering Department in any way may email  All plans can be accepted digitally and if files are too large to email, arrangements can be made by requesting through email. Engineering and Public Works permit applications are available online. The Engineering and Public Works Office can be reached by calling (210) 619-1800.