Notice of Building Code Amendment and Public Comment
The City of Schertz Planning and Community Development Department - Building Inspections Division is preparing to amend the City's Adopted building codes regarding sanitation, fire, building, plumbing, mechanical, fuel/gas, and electrical requirements.
The City of Schertz is proposing to adopt the International Code Council - 2018 Building Code Series of books with local amendments. All drafts linked below are for review and discussion purposes only.
Select the links below to review the proposed local amendments:
- International Building Code (IBC) 2018
- International Residential Code for One and Two Family Dwellings (IRC) 2018 Rev.2/26/21
- International Fuel Gas Code (IFGC) 2018
- International Mechanical Code (IMC) 2018
- International Plumbing Code (IPC) 2018
- International Existing Buildings Code (IEBC) 2018
- Manual of Cross Connection Control, Tenth edition - 2009
- International Property Maintenance Code 2018 (posted 2/23/21)
- International Fire Code 2018 (posted 2/25/21)
The State of Texas currently regulates the following:
- National Electrical Code 2020 – enforcement started November 1, 2020 as mandated by the State of Texas.
- International Energy Conservation Code 2015 as mandated by the State of Texas.
- International Swimming Pool and Spa Code 2018 (ISPSC) as mandated by the State of Texas.
The public input meeting schedule with links are as follows:
- December 8, 2020 - City Council Workshop (Items starts at 1 hr 56 minutes)
- December 14, 2020 - Building and Standards Commission Workshop
- February 4, 2021 - Contractor/Developer/Builder Presentation
- February 8, 2021 - Building and Standards Commission Workshop
- February 11, 2021 - Contractor/Developer/Builder/EDC/Chamber Presentation
- March 1, 2021 - Building and Standards Commission Meeting - 6:00 pm City Council Chambers - Agenda
- March 23, 2021 - City Council Meeting - 1st reading - 6:00 pm City Council Chambers
- April 6, 2021 - City Council Meeting - Final reading - 6:00 pm City Council Chambers
Posted: February 12, 2021