Board of Adjustment
- 6:00 PM
- The 4th Monday of the month
- Council Chambers Bldg. 4
- NOTE: During the following months, BOA will meet on the following date: May 21st (the 3rd Monday) December 17th (the 3rd Monday)
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
|Richard Dziewit, Chair||May 31, 2020|
|David Reynolds, Vice Chair||May 31, 2020|
|Reginna Agee, Board Member||May 31, 2019|
|Earl Hartzog, Board Member||May 31, 2020|
|Frank McElroy, Board Member||May 31, 2019|
|Danielene Salas, Alternate Member||May 31, 2019|
|Ricky Haynes, Alternate Member||May 31, 2020|
Membership consists of 5 members and 2 alternates. Members serve two years.
Development Service Department’s Planning and Zoning Division provides staff support to this Board. Staff may be reached at 210-619-1780.
The City of Schertz Board of Adjustment exercises all powers and duties as prescribed by State law, the City Charter or the City’s Unified Development Code (UDC).
The Board performs the following duties:
- To hear and decide appeals when error is alleged in any order, requirement, decision or determination made by an administrative official in enforcement of the zoning and building code.
- To hear and decide Special Exceptions to the terms of the Code in appropriate cases and subject to appropriate conditions and safeguards. Special Exceptions must be consistent with the general purpose and intent of the Code and in accordance with any applicable rules contained in the Code.
- To authorize on appeal, variances from terms of the Code that will not be contrary to the public interest, when because of special conditions a literal enforcement of the Code will result in unnecessary hardship, so the spirit of the Code will be observed and substantial justice done.
Additional duties may be assigned by the City Council as deemed necessary in pursuit of the spirit and intent of the Code.