- Residential Application Form
- Driver's license
- Proof of:
- Lease agreement or
- Closing disclosure
A minimum deposit of $125 inside the city limits and $150 outside the city limits is required for residential accounts. The deposit can be waived for residential accounts if the following criteria apply:
- The customer has had at least 24 consecutive months of utility service with the City of Schertz within the previous 24 month period without ANY late payments
The deposit may be refunded after two years if the customer maintains a good payment history. Commercial account deposits can only be refunded at account termination. They are not eligible to be refunded while the account is still active.
If you are transferring service within Schertz City Limits, please do the following:
- Call in before your move so we can continue your service without interruption
- Be prepared to provide your water account number or your former service address, your new address, and your service request dates.
- Please note: You will have to complete a new application, provide a disconnection date, and there is a $10 transfer service charge that will be included on your first bill at the new address.
To disconnect or terminate services, please complete thePlease be prepared to provide the following information:
If you have a deposit on file, it will be applied to your final bill, and any remaining balance will be mailed to your forwarding address.
If your water was disconnected due to non-payment and you are in need of a service reconnection, you may contact the after-hours number at (210) 619-1200. There is a $50 reconnection fee. Please provide your account number or street address and confirmation of payment.
Meter Tech After Hours Availability:
- Monday through Friday 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Weekends and Holidays 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
As a residential City of Schertz Utility customer, all of your account information is kept confidential. House Bill 859, passed in 1993, and Senate Bill 2, passed in 2001, require government-operated utilities to withhold the following information if the residential customer requests this information be kept confidential. Commercial customers do not qualify under the provision. * Commercial customers do not qualify under this provision.
- Telephone number
- Driver's license number
- Volume or units of utility usage
- Amounts billed or collected for utility usage
Our confidentiality form is provided to each applicant during the application process. Once the form is signed, the Utility Department will not release personal information except to the following agencies:
- Government officials
- Government contractors or subcontractors who need the information to perform their jobs
- Utility representatives
- Consumer reporting agencies
- Individuals for whom the customer waives responsibility, such as an attorney. People in these categories will be required to show identification before information is released.