1400 Schertz Parkway
Schertz, Texas 78154
Skywarn Weather Class Feb 4th
We will have a Skywarn Weather Class on February 4th 2013 at 1800hrs at the Civic Center in the Bluebonnet Hall. View the Skywarn flyer for more information. From Schertz Fire Rescue Office of Emergency Management.
With duty and honor, protect all we serve with an emergency service that promotes public education and prevention; emphasizes community involvement; and provides the safe, timely, and efficient delivery of fire and rescue resources.
Through selection, training, and professional development we will create a Fire Department that is a model to our peers, an asset to our community, and a valued place to work.
Do the right thing; do it safely; and do it better than anyone else.
Our single most important goal is to make Schertz the safest city in which to live, work, or play. We will accomplish this by meeting the following objectives.
- Improve Insurance Services Organization rating from Class 3 to Class 1.
- Respond to 90% of emergency incidents within 5 minutes.
- Pre-fire plan all commercial buildings in the city twice per year.
- Quarterly inspect all restaurants, schools, and nursing homes.
- Enact a wellness fitness program for all firefighters.
- Improve training opportunities and encourage involvement of firefighters in specialized emergency operations.
- Provide high quality first responder medical service by encouraging advanced medical training and certifications.
- Make contact with at least 50% of population annually to deliver the fire safety message.
- Maintain safe construction and occupancy within the city through practical fire code enforcement.
- Attract and maintain a qualified and diverse workforce, by encouraging culturally diverse applicants through career fairs, public education, and development of a local Fire Explorer Post Program.
- Become an ISO 9000 organization.