|Fire Station 1|
1400 Schertz Parkway Bldg 8
Schertz, Texas 78154
|Fire Station 2|
19085 IH35 North
New Braunfels, Texas 78132
|Fire Station 3
Schertz, Texas 78154
Ordinance No. 15-C-21 will go into effect on October 1, 2015.
Any public improvement plans or civil construction plans submitted on or after May 1, 2015 will be required STORZ CONNECTIONS on all new Fire Hydrants. Please review the Schertz Water Details Fire Hydrant section for design.
With duty and honor, protect all we serve with an emergency service that promotes public education and prevention; emphasizes community involvement; and provides the safe, timely, and efficient delivery of fire and rescue resources.
Through selection, training, and professional development we will create a Fire Department that is a model to our peers, an asset to our community, and a valued place to work.
Do the right thing; do it safely; and do it better than anyone else.
Our single most important goal is to make Schertz the safest city in which to live, work, or play. We will accomplish this by meeting the following objectives.
- Improve Insurance Services Organization rating from Class 3 to Class 1.
- Respond to 90% of emergency incidents within 5 minutes.
- Pre-fire plan all commercial buildings in the city twice per year.
- Quarterly inspect all restaurants, schools, and nursing homes.
- Enact a wellness fitness program for all firefighters.
- Improve training opportunities and encourage involvement of firefighters in specialized emergency operations.
- Provide high quality first responder medical service by encouraging advanced medical training and certifications.
- Make contact with at least 50% of population annually to deliver the fire safety message.
- Maintain safe construction and occupancy within the city through practical fire code enforcement.
- Attract and maintain a qualified and diverse workforce, by encouraging culturally diverse applicants through career fairs, public education, and development of a local Fire Explorer Post Program.
- Become an ISO 9000 organization.