After Hours Injury and Accident Protocol and Forms
Any accidents, incidents, or injuries occurring after hours (anything outside of Monday-Friday 8:00 am-5:00 pm), shall abide by the following protocol:
- Employees involved in an accident, incident, or injuries must immediately report it to their immediate supervisor; for major injuries call 911 immediately.
- Supervisor should assess the scene of the accident/incident, and inquire if employee(s) involved have sustained any injuries or if they need medical attention.
- Risk & Safety Management should be contacted through the On-Call cell phone at 210-788-1172.
- Employees will be subject to the City’s Drug & Alcohol Post-Accident Testing if they are reporting an on the job injury, are involved in a vehicle accident while driving a City vehicle, or involved in a motor vehicle accident (MVA) while being a passenger of a City vehicle.
- Employees with life threatening injuries should be transported by EMS unit to the nearest hospital.
- Employees seeking medical attention for minor injuries must notify their immediate supervisor for authorization to be seen at the clinics listed below.
- The supervisor is responsible for delivering a completed injury/accident report and all work status reports to Risk Management.
For treatment of minor injuries OUTSIDE of regular clinic hours, employees should visit:
Medical Treatment Only
Post-Accident Drug Screen
8341 Agora Parkway
Contact Nancy for authorization (210) 724-7365
ONLY USE NOVA WHEN TEXAS MEDCLINIC IS NOT AN OPTION
NOVA Medical (After hours on-site drug screening)
866-480-1310 option 2