Residential & Business Alarm Permits
To apply for a new permit or to renew a permit an application must be completed and submitted to the Schertz Police Department by mail or in person. Download an application
Alarm permit fees are as follows:
- Residential: $10.00
- Tier I Commercial: $25.00
- Tier II Commercial: $50.00 (Requiring a SEPARATE fire/robbery alarm by local, state or national code. Financial institutions fall into Tier II).
Make Checks payable to: City of Schertz
Applications can be submitted in person at the Schertz Police Department, M–F 8:00AM to 5:00PM or by mail (Attention: Alarm/Records) at:
Schertz Police Department
1400 Schertz Pkwy, Building #6
Schertz, TX 78154
* Applications must accompany payment.
* Annual renewal is required
* Non-payment does not constitute a cancellation of alarm permit. If there is no longer an operational alarm system at this location, please contact our office so we may update our records.
View the Alarm Systems City Ordinance, Chapter 50/ Article V
QUESTIIONS? Please call: 210.619.1200