Department of Engineering
10 Commercial Place Bldg 2
Schertz, Texas 78154
|CITY CONSTRUCTION DETAILS ARE UPDATED QUARTERLY. PLEASE USE THE MOST CURRENT AVAILABLE DETAILS. Please review the Standard Construction Details below.|
The Department of Engineering, in cooperation with other City departments, and with the input and participation of the community, will allow the City of Schertz to develop to its full potential supported by a strong backbone of well designed, well constructed, sustainable infrastructure.
The mission of the Department of Engineering is to facilitate responsible stewardship of the community’s natural resources and physical assets by providing support wherever needed. Engineering collaborates with Public Works, Development Services, other City departments, citizens, developers, and other governmental agencies in order to effectively plan and implement infrastructure improvement and development for the organized growth of the City.
- Grading and Clearing Permit
- Development Permit Application (Public Infrastructure Construction)
- Fire Department Commercial and Residential Development Guidelines
- Flood Plain Permit
- Public Works Permit Application (taps, street cuts, utility locates)
- Public Works Design Guide
- Public Works Technical Specifications
- TIA Determination Form
- Permit Fees and Applications
- Standard Construction Details:
View more Helpful Links.
Growing Schertz through....
Transportation Safety Advisory Committee (TSAC)
The purpose of the Schertz Transportation Safety Advisory Commission is to investigate safety issues and make recommendations with respect to our city’s roadways. Improve our city’s quality of life through a citizen-government partnership. Promote safe and secure roads which provide convenience, recreational and leisure activities and continued beautification of the City of Schertz.
Capital Improvement Advisory Committee (CIAC)
The functions of the Committee are those set forth in Tex. Rev. Civ. Stat., Article 1269j-4.11, or any successor statute, and shall include the following:
- Advise and assist the City Council in adopting land use assumptions;
- Review the capital improvements plan regarding water and wastewater capital improvements and file written comments thereon;
- Read more