The City is seeking one regular board member and two alternate board members to fill spots in the Building and Standards Commission.
The Building and Standards Commission serves as an appeal board for individuals seeking an appeal to a decision of the fire marshal or building official and reviews and takes action on buildings found to be in violation of certain city ordinance or a public nuisance.
To the extent possible, members of the Commission should be qualified in one of the following fields:
1. Registered design professional with architectural experience or a builder or superintendent of building construction;
2. Registered design professional with mechanical and plumbing engineering experience or a mechanical contractor or plumbing contractor;
3. Registered design professional with structural engineering experiences;
4. Registered design professional with electrical engineering experience or an electrical contractor;
5. Registered design professional with fire protection engineering experience or a fire protection contractor
Registered Design Professional is defined as an individual who is registered or licensed to practice their respective design profession as defined by the statutory requirements of the professional registration laws of the state of Texas.
The City is seeking one regular board member to fill a spot in the Economic Development Corporation Board of Directors.
The Schertz Economic Development Corporation Board of Directors consists of 7 members (at any given time), each serving a 2-year staggered term. The Board meets the fourth Thursday of each month in City Council Chambers. Members are expected to attend all meetings unless specific circumstances arise.
To become a Board Member, a process must be followed. First, applicants must have resided in the City for at least 12 months (according to the City of Schertz’ Code of Ordinances). Additionally, applicants must have an interest in promoting the mission and welfare of the City. Second, applicants must submit an application for nomination. This application will be assessed and, if it qualifies, be passed to City Council members for nomination consideration. Third, Council members will make nominations to fill the Board. Fourth and finally, City Council will vote on and appoint qualified nominees to the Schertz Economic Development Corporation Board of Directors.
Applications can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or faxed to (210) 619-1039. For more information contact the City Secretary's Office at (210) 619-1030.