The Public Works Department maintains the City’s drainage system to minimize adverse impacts caused by heavy rains. If you have any questions regarding Drainage, please call our hotline at 311 (within the City of Schertz) or call the Public Works Office directly at 210-619-1800.
Stormwater runoff from rain events carry pollutants into our waterways. Many pollutants can be harmful to people, animals, and the environment. Citizens, visitors, as well as City of Schertz Employees are all needed to do their part to reduce pollutants in our waterways. If you have any questions regarding stormwater runoff or pollutants, please call our hotline at 311 (within the City of Schertz) or call the Public Works Office directly at 210-619-1800.
StormWater Management Plan
On June 3, 2014, the Schertz City Council adopted a resolution authorizing the implementation of a Stormwater Management Plan in accordance with regulations established by the U.S Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Texas Commission of Environmental Quality (TCEQ).
The Stormwater Management Plan includes best practices that will be implemented by the City to reduce storm water pollution, protecting water quality.
General Permits & Certificates
Municipal separate storm sewer system (MS4) Reporting
StormWater Information and handouts
- The Basics of Illicit Discharges (PDF)
- Take Care of Texas Children's Worksheet
- Be Water Wise at Home (TCEQ)
- SepticSmart_Short (EPA)
- Preventing Polluted Runoff (EPA)
- Stormwater and the Construction Industry (EPA)
- Stormwater Placemat (EPA)
- Spring Into Action: Lawn Care Tips
- Be SepticSmart (EPA)
- RG-468: Primary and Secondary Operators Guidance Document (TCEQ)
- Yard Waste Disposal
- Your Septic System is Your Responsibility