Water conservation is a priority for the City of Schertz. While the City’s water supplies are sufficient, high water demand can create system-wide fluctuations in water pressure and challenges in maintaining ideal water storage levels. This is especially prevalent in the summer months when we experience less rain and extremely high temperatures. This unfavorable combination often leads to an increase in water consumption across the City as residents try to maintain their luscious green lawns. The City encourages residents to conserve and preserve our community's most precious resource.
If dry conditions continue, residents should be prepared for restrictions to be placed.
Water Usage Data
To view your monthly, daily, or hourly water consumption, and to set up alerts when usage has reached a certain level go to municipalonlinepayments.com/schertztx. If you are having trouble signing on, please contact Utility Billing at (210) 619-1100.
You can help protect our water supply, and save money, with a few simple and easy actions. Check out these few water-saving tips that you can adopt to help keep life fun in Schertz and not waste water!
- Replace an older toilet with a WaterSense-labeled high efficiency toilet
- Regularly check for & repair water leaks
- Take shorter showers
- Install an aerator on your bathroom or kitchen faucet
- Select an Energy Star-approved clothes washer
- Install a high efficiency showerhead
- Wash only full loads
- Always turn taps off tightly so they do not drip. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Water early before 10:00 a.m. or late after 8:00 p.m.
- Do not over-water in anticipation of a shortage.
- Use shut-off timers or on-off timers, if possible. Do not turn on sprinklers and leave for the day.
- Plant drought tolerant plants
- Mulch your yard
- Eliminate water leaks in irrigation systems
- Install rain barrels @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>