- Feature Links
- Public Library
- About the Library
- Hotspot Lending Policy
Hotspot Lending Policy
A mobile hotspot is a device that allows you to access unlimited, high-speed internet on devices such as a laptop, smartphone, or tablet. Our hotspots transmit WiFi in areas serviced by T-Mobile, allowing you to take the hotspot and access internet wherever you go. These hotspots have unlimited 4G LTE data and give you internet access on up to 10 devices at a time.
Guidelines for Borrowing and Use:
- Users over 18 years of age, with a valid Library card (Full Access or Digital) in good standing, are eligible to borrow a Hotspot.
- Only one Hotspot unit may be borrowed per household.
- If a unit is not available at the time of your visit to the Library, you may reserve one via our catalog to be added to a waitlist.
- Hotspots check out for 14 days and can be renewed up to two times as long as there is no one on the waiting list. Renewals are not guaranteed. Please visit the library circulation desk or contact us to attempt a renewal.
- Hotspots can only be checked out and returned to the circulation desk. DO NOT RETURN THROUGH THE BOOK DROP.
- Borrowers, along with a library staff member, will verify that all accessories are present at the time of checkout and check-in (device, USB-C power adapter, and case).
- The internet service provided by the hotspots is not filtered. Parents/guardians are responsible for the use of the hotspots by minors.
- The library is not responsible for personal information shared over the internet when connected to the hotspot. The library is not responsible for any damages, expenses, or loss of data/information resulting from the use of the hotspot.
Fines and Liability:
The overdue fine is $0.25 per day. When the hotspot reaches 1 day past due it will be deactivated, rendering the device unusable. The borrower is responsible for the costs associated with damage or loss of the hotspot and all accessories due to neglect or abuse. The replacement cost for the entire hotspot kit (hotspot device, USBC charger, and case) is $74. Replacement fees for individual components are as follows:
-USB-C Charger: $10
Proper Care and Use:
- Do not expose the hotspot to extreme low or high temperatures for an extended period of time, such as a hot vehicle or in cold weather.
- Do not remove the sim card for any reason.
- Do not leave the hotspot plugged in. Once it is fully charged, unplug it and let the battery run down before charging again. Please return the hotspot fully charged.
- Hotspots can only be checked out and returned to the Schertz Public Library circulation desk. DO NOT RETURN THROUGH THE BOOK DROP.
- When not in use, power off the device.