Join Our Team
Follow your passions and pursue a career with the City of Schertz. We take pride in our community, value our employees, and are committed to providing excellent service. Schertz is known for its high quality of life, strong economy, and excellent public services. Working for the City of Schertz offers several benefits, such as competitive compensation, career development opportunities, job stability, and the opportunity to make a difference in the community. The City of Schertz has a diverse workforce and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all individuals.
What We Offer
The City of Schertz is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to all our employees who go above and beyond daily to serve the community. We highly value the work you do. To support our employees and their families, the City of Schertz offers excellent benefits including:
- Employer-Paid Health, Dental, Vision, and Basic Life Insurance for Employees
- Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS) (2 for 1 matching) - Open to Full Time and Part Time 20+
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Mental Health Benefits
- Employer-Paid Long-Term Disability (LTD)
- Worker's Compensation
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 457 Plans & Roth IRAs
- Tuition Reimbursement (Up to $2,000.00 per fiscal year)
- Flexible Schedules Available
- 12+ Paid Holidays a Year
- 12 Sick Days a Year (Roll Over)
- 12 Vacation Days a Year (Roll Over)
- Merit Pay Increases
Schertz is a fast-growing Texas community, located just northeast of San Antonio, nationally recognized for its family atmosphere, foresight and innovation, commitment to economic prosperity, and workforce opportunities. The City of Schertz serves over 42,000 residents and several hundred businesses in various capacities.
The City of Schertz is a full-service municipal organization, which means we offer positions in a wide variety of career fields. Whether you're looking to begin your career or advance it – or even end it on a high note – we have opportunities for you to explore.
Explore your opportunities here, and find yourself in Schertz.
1400 Schertz Parkway
Schertz, TX 78154
Phone: : 210-619-1150