Extreme Book Nerd Challenge
The Extreme Book Nerd Challenge is a year-long reading challenge that encourages participants to read throughout the year, try new genres, and read subjects you wouldn’t normally pick up on your own.
- Sign up online or in person starting February 1, 2021.
- Match the books you read to the reading categories.
- Log your books (title and author) on your reading log.
- Complete your reading log on or before January 31, 2022.
|Level||Number of Books||Prize
||13 books||trucker hat|
|Book Nerd Challenge
|Extreme Book Nerd Challenge||52 books||crew-neck sweatshirt|
Rules of the Challenge
- There are 3 levels this year: Readers’ Dozen (13 categories), Book Nerd (25 categories), and Extreme Book Nerd (52 categories).
- The challenge runs February 1, 2020 through January 31, 2021.
- All books you read for the challenge must be recorded on your reading log.
- To earn the prize for the completed Book Nerd level, return your reading log to a staff desk. The deadline for reporting completion January 31, 2022 at 6:00 PM.
- Books you read for other programs and book clubs (e.g., summer or winter reading, book clubs, school assignments) can count toward this challenge as long as they fit into one of the categories and you finish reading them by January 31, 2022.
- You cannot use the same book for multiple categories.
- Prizes are not cumulative; only one prize per patron.
To claim your prize, bring your completed reading log to a staff desk at the Schertz Public Library. Prizes are not cumulative; limit one prize per patron. You earn the prize for the level you reach. Prizes must be picked up in person by you or the person(s) you specify at completion. We do not ship prizes. Once notified that prizes are available for pick up; you will have one month to claim your prize unless you have made special arrangements with the library. If you are unable to pick up in the designated time frame please email us.