To celebrate National Parks & Recreation month and help us launch our brand new Schertz Parks and Recreation Instagram account, we want you to discover the FUN to be had at one of Schertz’ local parks. We are challenging you to take the Schertz #ParksandRecFUN Instagram challenge every week this July. Head out to your favorite local park or try out a new park, and show us how you have FUN!
Each week has a different photo theme and unique hashtag. All you have to do is take your best shot, tag @cityofschertz on Instagram, follow the @schertzparksandrec page, use the official hashtag #ParksandRecFUN along with each week’s unique hashtag, and post your FUN photo!
What’s in it for me?
We’ll be sharing all of the photo submissions with the Schertz Parks and Recreation Advisory Board where they’ll be judging the photos on creativity, incorporation of the weekly theme, and originality. A winner from each week’s submissions will be chosen by a panel of esteemed judges. The photos that best demonstrate the theme will be named the winner of that category! The top four winning photos will be compared against each other, and a top winning photo will be selected as the #1 FUN picture!
All winning photos and select photo submissions will be featured in the September issue of Schertz Magazine. Schertz will reach out to award prizes.
Please note, Park and Recreation Month is a family-friendly activity. Please no distasteful or vulgar photos. Photos are subject to review before posting to the gallery. Users may enter more than one photo per week into the contest, however, each entry submitted must be substantially different than all subsequent entries.
• Photo must be taken July 1, 2018-July 28, 2018
• The photo must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations.
• Photo must be of a Schertz park
• Photo must appropriately demonstrate the theme
Other Terms and Conditions
All photographs must be your own work, and you must own the right to distribute the image. You must have the consent of those whose faces are visible in the image. The Schertz Parks and Recreation Department reserves the right to refuse photographs that contain nudity, violent or offensive material or trademarked or copyrighted images. Schertz Parks and Recreation Department is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected or incomplete entries or technical errors or difficulties. Schertz Parks and Recreation Department reserves the right to adjust the challenge deadline. By participating in this challenge, you agree to these terms and conditions.
Rights to Photos
Your photographs help the Schertz Parks and Recreation Department promote parks and recreational opportunities. Thank you for helping us fulfill our mission through your participation and photography! By entering the #ParksandRecFUN challenge you grant the Schertz Parks and Recreation Department a nonexclusive right and royalty free license to:
• Publish images for the Schertz Parks and Recreation Department promotional purposes in any format, including on the Schertz website, social media accounts, Schertz Magazine, presentations, or publications such as newsletters, brochures, public service announcements, grant proposals, reports, awards, displays, mailings and invitations.
• Use, in connection with the challenge, your name in promotions and other publications. As conditions of this permission, the Schertz Parks and Recreation Department shall credit all photographs with the caption “Photo Credit: Person's Name” when the full name is available, or by the participant’s Instagram username when the participant’s full name is unavailable.