UPDATE: DUE TO PFIZER VACCINE SHIPPING DELAYS, REGISTRATION WILL NOW OPEN ON WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 20 AT 12:00 P.M. VACCINE CLINIC DATES AND TIMES HAVE BEEN UPDATED TO ACCOUNT FOR THESE DELAYS.
The City of Schertz will host a no-cost COVID-19 vaccine clinic at the Schertz Civic Center starting on Thursday, January 21 12:00 - 5:00 p.m. and Friday, January 22 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. We anticipate we will receive approximately 975 doses of the Pfizer vaccination.
At this time per state guidelines, the city will be administering vaccines to those who fall under Phases 1A and 1B. Due to Pfizer shipping delays, registration will now open on Wednesday, January 20 at 12:00 p.m. and is limited to approximately 975 spots. Appointments are required and can be made by visiting Signupgenius.com/go/SchertzEOCweek6 when the link goes live. Walk-ins will not be accepted.
Phase 1A populations include frontline healthcare workers and residents at long-term care facilities. Phase 1B includes people over 65 or people 16 or older with a chronic medical condition that puts them at increased risk for severe illness from COVID 19 are currently eligible to receive the COVID 19 vaccine. These are the only populations eligible to be vaccinated at this time.
Phase 1B recipients include:
- People 65 years of age and older
- People 16 years of age and older with at least one chronic medical condition that puts them at increased risk for severe illness from the virus that causes COVID-19, such as but not limited to:
- Chronic kidney disease
- COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease or cardiomyopathies
- Solid organ transplantation
- Obesity and severe obesity (body mass index of 30 kg/m2 or higher)
- Sickle cell disease
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
For more information call (210) 619-1000.