Schertz will begin work on the Council Chambers Audio and Video systems upgrade project on December 15, 2022. While construction is underway at the Schertz City Council Chambers the facility will be closed. This project is anticipated to take 8 weeks to complete and is intended to improve the quality of live and recorded meetings on both the internet and on the planned cable channel, streamline management of City Council meeting minutes, allow for electronic voting, etc.
The new systems will better support meetings where there is a need for virtual and/or remote attendance by Council Members, Staff, and others presenting agenda-based information to the City Council. In addition, the new system will create the option to streamline the presentation and posting of meeting minutes, allow the Council and others using the facility to record votes electronically, and improve communications by giving Council and Board Members additional tools to watch presentations, ask questions, and provide feedback.
While construction is underway, public meetings typically held in the Council Chambers will be temporarily relocated to other meeting spaces in the City. Below is a list of City Council and Board & Commission meetings that are scheduled to take place during this time along with their new location.
Schertz City Hall (Bldg. 1)
- City Council - City Hall Courtroom, City Hall
- Planning and Zoning Commission - City Hall Courtroom, City Hall
- Parks & Recreation Board - Bob Andrews Conference Rm, City Hall
- TSAC Board - Bob Andrews Conference Rm, City Hall
- Main Street Committee - Bob Andrews Conference Rm, City Hall
- Historical Preservation Committee - Bob Andrews Conference Rm, City Hall
- TIRZ Board - Bob Andrews Conference Rm, City Hall
- Library Board - Library Meeting Rm, Schertz Public Library
- EDC Board - Library Meeting Rm, Schertz Public Library