Schertz is proud of its water! Since March of 2003, the City has received its water from the Carrizo-Wilcox Aquifer. Unlike other cities in the area that rely on the Edwards Aquifer, Schertz customers have high quality water with limited use restrictions.
Schertz encourages good stewardship of our water resource and promotes a year-round water conservation plan. The rules are simple to follow:
- Year-round outdoor sprinkler watering is allowed after 8:00 pm in the evening until 10:00 am in the morning. The use of a handheld hose or other handheld watering device or a drip irrigation system can be used at any time
- Customers using water from a private water well must comply with all requirements of the water conservation plan.
- Re-use water usage is exempt from the water conservation plan.
- I shall be a violation if a person or customer allows water to run off into an impervious ditch, or fails to repair a controllable leak.
- All customers are urged no to waste water.